Partnerships for Progress: An Intro to the Vaccine Equity Project
Wednesday, June 21, 2023
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
Eastern Standard Time
This webinar will serve as an introduction to ASTHO’s Vaccine Equity Project —a multi-year, hyper-local initiative aimed at increasing the acceptance and uptake of adult immunizations among racial and ethnic groups and rural populations.
Participants will have the opportunity to hear directly from two project pilot sites, the Palmetto Community Action Partnership, and the Community Action Partnership for Central Arkansas, about the unique cross-sector partnerships they established that have helped increase the uptake of vaccinations and address key social determinants of health in their communities. Attendees will also be joined by partners and project advisory committee representatives from the National Community Action Partnership, the National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians, and the National Association of Community Health Workers to discuss the importance of diverse collaboration in driving equitable public health response and the opportunities presented for current and future health outreach efforts.
- Shalini Nair, MPH, CPH, Senior Analyst, Infectious Disease, ASTHO
- Geetika Nadkarni, MPH, Director, Chronic Infectious Disease, ASTHO
- Patrice Simmons, Customer Success and Experience Manager, Palmetto Community Action Partnership
- Meredith Sussman, Vaccine Equity Project Coordinator, Palmetto Community Action Partnership
- Lacey Strom, Interim Community Programs Director, Community Action Partnership for Central Arkansas
- Jennifer Welter, Executive Director, Community Action Partnership for Central Arkansas
- Lillie Seels, NCRT, Director, Practice Transformation, National Community Action Partnership (NCAP)
- Matt Zavadsky, MS-HSA, NREMT, At-Large Director, National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT)
- Aurora GrantWingate, Member & Partner Engagement Manager, National Association of Community Health Workers (NACHW)